Playful, practical and purposeful approaches to childhood anxiety
Melbourne 9th November 2019
This interactive workshop provides a comprehensive overview of childhood anxiety and practical ideas for working with preschool and primary school aged children. A range of therapeutic activities are presented that can be used with children and their families. We suggest that you consider attending our Creative Ways to Help Children Manage Emotions workshop prior to attending this one (that workshop also has lots of playful and practical ideas for helping anxious children!).
In this workshop you will
- Learn about anxiety in preschool and primary aged children
- Learn about key approaches for therapy
- Learn how to adapt therapy for different age groups
- Learn how to adapt therapy for children with developmental difficulties, including Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Learn how to work effectively with anxious children and their families
- Gain practical skills in assessing and treating anxiety
- Learn about 30 new creative activities that you can use with children and families, none of which are in our book, Creative Ways to Help Children Manage Big Feelings or our Creative Ways to Help Children Manage Emotions workshop.
- $295 early-bird (registration by two-months prior to workshop date)
- $335 standard
Who is this workshop for
This workshop is for therapists who work with children and families. This includes psychologists, social workers, counsellors, occupational therapists, and speech therapists. The workshop is suitable for both less and more experienced therapists. Therapists who have previously enjoyed our Creative Ways to Help Children Manage Emotions Workshop will enjoy attending this one too.