Playful, practical and purposeful approaches to childhood anxiety
This interactive workshop provides a comprehensive overview of childhood anxiety and practical ideas for working with preschool and primary school aged children. A range of therapeutic activities are presented that can be used with children and their families. We suggest that you consider attending our Creative Ways to Help Children Manage Emotions workshop or online course prior to attending this one (that workshop also has lots of playful and practical ideas for helping anxious children!).
In this workshop you will
- Learn about anxiety in preschool and primary aged children
- Learn about key approaches for therapy
- Learn how to adapt therapy for different age groups
- Learn how to adapt therapy for children with developmental difficulties, including Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Learn how to work effectively with anxious children and their families
- Gain practical skills in assessing and treating anxiety
- Learn about 30 new creative activities that you can use with children and families, none of which are in our book, Creative Ways to Help Children Manage Big Feelings or our Creative Ways to Help Children Manage Emotions workshop.
- Early bird $325+GST (ends one month prior)
- Standard $365+GST
You will receive
Participants will receive a hard copy of our new book, Creative Ways to Help Anxious Children: Ideas and Activities for Working Therapeutically with Worried Children and their Families, published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers in 2021 (RRP $52.99).
Special Offer – Double Deal: Register for this workshop and our ‘Creative Ways to Help Children Manage Emotions’ workshop for a discounted price of $625 +GST. You’ll find further information about the emotions workshop here.
Who is this workshop for
This workshop is for therapists who work with children and families. This includes psychologists, social workers, counsellors, occupational therapists, and speech therapists. The workshop is suitable for both less and more experienced therapists. Therapists who have previously enjoyed our Creative Ways to Help Children Manage Emotions Workshop will enjoy attending this one too.
Registrations now open
Participant numbers are limited and places usually fill early. Follow the links below for details about booking terms, pricing and early-bird dates.
All workshops run for a single day only from 9am-4pm (8.45am-3.45pm for Adelaide)
20th May 2022 – The Treacy Centre, 126 The Avenue, Parkville
8th April 2022 – Vibe Hotel Sydney, 111 Goulburn St, Sydney
20th August 2022 – The Glen Hotel, 24 Gaskell St, Eight Mile Plains
21st October 2022 – Arkaba Hotel, 150 Glen Osmond Rd, Fullarton